From:
Bob & Liz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 May 2001 09:19:03 -0500
Hello All,
Brad Henry wrote
> You're right about the young student and the ultrasound effect on mosquito
> larva.  However, in his experiment, the ultrasound was applied via a water
> medium and instead of repeling mosquito larva, it actually had a physical
> effect of disrupting their body, killing them.  Unlikely to have the same
> effect via air....then again think about your childrens stereo..

 Brad completed my post.  I wasn't sure of the concept of the larva kill.  I
knew that the discovery seemed significant to the hosts of the show.  The
fact that the method could be used for West Nile Virus control caught my
attention.  Wish I had been paying better attention like Brad was.
Is application to a large body of water feasible?
Bob