From:
Dick Marron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Dec 2008 21:33:17 -0500
I got a rather response to my letter.  I'm not precisely sure of what it
means.

Dick Marron

Mr. Marron

Thank you for your comments.

AB 771 was passed by the legislature and approved by the Governor on October
8, 2007 and therefore is in existing statute (FAC 29810). Existing law and
potential regulations, as required by AB 771, do NOT ban or restrict the
placement of honeybees near citrus groves. AB 771 only applies to Tulare,
Fresno, Madera and Kern counties. There is existing statute, starting with
FAC 29040, that addresses the requirements of owners of apiaries.

Legislative Office

CDFA

916 654-0321