From:
Eric Abell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 May 1997 08:43:54 -0600
At 07:13 AM 01/05/97 +0100, you wrote:
>Help wanted.  Calling all experts. . Has anyone successfully tackled the
>problem of bees ignoring the water supply in the apiary and going instead to
>a neighbour's pond?  Although I keep a supply in the apiary all the year
>round (bees here collect water as early as January) many of my bees prefer
>my pond some forty yards away.  Luckily I have no near neighbours to worry
>about.

A few quesses here:

Have your apiary water out BEFORE the pond water becomes available.

How about sweetening the apiary water then slowly reduce the sweetening
until it is only water.

I look forward to reading some of the replies.

Eric

Eric Abell
Gibbons, Alberta Canada T0A 1N0
Ph/fax (403) 998 3143