From:
Gerry Visel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Sep 1996 10:29:39 -0500
Mike,

   The beeses know when and how much comb they need.  (They read better books than we
do...)  They drew in the heavy nectar flow because they needed the space.  Sugar syrup
induces a sumulated nectar flow.

   Don't worry about the "old" undrawn foundation.  Put it on in the spring, and they will fill it on
out as they need it.  I have some that I had on hives three years running to give extra space as
required, but it was drawn very little.  This year I put it on a hive that was exploding in a heavy
flow, and it is now the fattest, fullest comb in my five hives!

Have fun!
Gerry Visel