From:
David Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 1995 19:48:03 -0400
I have a friend in England who has discovered a bumblebee nest in a rubbish
heap in her backyard.  I told her about Slayden's book, "The Humble Bee", and
suggested she get the book and make this her daughter's science project.
 Let's hope she likes the idea.  She is concerned that they may become a
nuisance later.  Plus, they are in a heap of yard trash which she may
eventually consider unsightly.

Question:  Can she move this nest easily?

Question:  If the bumbles become a nuisance, what is the best way to remove
them?  I suggested Sevin dust or soapy water.  Any other ideas?

Question: Does anyone have any practical experience with this problem?

She lives nears Gloucester, for any interested 'local' beekeepers.

Thanks,

David Morris