From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 30 Oct 1996 08:12:57 -0600
> I don't think a kind suggestion should get so much bad words!!!!!

Nor do I.

I was ashamed and shocked to see such words (which I won't repeat)
come from a fellow Canadian in response to your generous offer.  I
wish to apologise humbly and publicly for this offence against good
manners.

I assure you that such behaviour is *not*typical of our country or in
any way official.

As an official representative of the Alberta Beekeepers Association
(ABA), I assure you that your country is held in the highest respect
by Alberta beekeepers.

I wish to further assure you that we wish to continue to build on the
friendship which began in 1982 when the ABA invited Gong Yi Fei from
The Department of Agriculture at Fuzian Agricultural  University in
Fuzhou, China to visit Canada and to address our convention, as well
as to visit many of our members.

My wife and I  still have  pictures of our visit with him at our
home and a grafting tool received from him as a  gift.  We remember
him fondly.  Should you see him, kindly say 'Hello" to him from the
ABA.

We appreciate that in a large world with many different peoples that
careful choice of words and respect for our neighbours ways and
different understandings is essential to continued peace,
co-operation and prosperity.

China is a large and important country and has much to share with us
all.   I hope you will overlook the insult and continue to participate
in our group to our mutual  benefit.

Regards

Allen

W. Allen Dick, Beekeeper                                         VE6CFK
RR#1, Swalwell, Alberta  Canada T0M 1Y0
Internet:[log in to unmask] & [log in to unmask]
Honey. Bees, & Art <http://www.internode.net/~allend/>