Date:
Sat, 7 Jun 2003 11:39:13 EDT
Michael Palmer wrote:

> You wonder why people don't want the inspectors to show up? I work damn
>  hard to make a living with my bees, and I don't need some GD novice
>  inspector, who doesnt know how to handle bees, screwing up. Is the
>  inspection program so short on help that they can't hire knowledgeable
>  help? I'm so p...t off my hands are shaking.
>
>   Sorry to vent here, but the inspectors phone is busy, or he's out of
>  town...ruining some other's bees. Anyone else have inspector stories that
>  might make me feel better?

Reply:
This is one reason I had (when President of Arizona Beekeepers Assoc) The
laws changed in beekeeping here (finally wiped statutes off books by the way).
There was a U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruling on way to Supreme Court of USA
that was never altered or challenged against 'illegal search and seasure' even
concerning bees, that went against the state of Ohio I think if I am
remembering correctly. It said a beekeepers bees is just like a home or place of
business and written notice MUST be given to beekeeper prior to stepping foot in
apiary or inspection is illegal trespass like illegal search and seasure.

Michael Sir!!! I think you need a copy of this ruling (ABJ published notice
of it in Magazine back in 1980s by the way!) and need to put it in face of your
state inspectors and get the legislature there to make sure on paper they
follow the law.

They send you written notice and then you make arrangements to be with them
and make surre they are trained/capable of doing decent work and not CRAP like
you described that dirties crops to be taken and certainly is no good for
bees. Why--- what if they not trained in Housel positioning???? You should make
them resequence all those frames they got out of order!!!!!!  ' >)    Something
to think about......

Give'em Hell.

Dee