From:
"Mark A. Templin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Aug 1994 09:19:12 -0700
>On Tue, 23 Aug 1994, Jerry J Bromenshenk wrote:
>
>> Macs seems a little better than DOS
>> boxes.
>
> more from Robbee...
>
>>** I am not sure I agree with this. DOS has has cross plafforms such as LINUX
>>for a lot longer than MAC has been around. MAC's are generally eaiser for
>>those who don't know much save 'point and click' whereas DOS is a more
>>hands on situation. There are many free cross-overs that allow you to use
>>DOS commands in UNIX and vice versa. The MAC is useful due to it's extremely
>>loaded software which does all the work. Unfortunately, when a problem occurs
>>MAC users generally <if they can't point and click their way out> are at
>>a loss.

It seems that both of you have a much better grasp of the Internet
situation today than I.  In fact, that much is very clear.  By the first
paragraph, I'd say a large perecentage of the List was lost (at least I
was.)

Here at the lab in Tucson, we don't have a very complicated system and I've
been told that an FTP site here is, for the moment, an impossibility.  I've
been "on" the Internet server here for weeks and still don't have a
ars.ag.gov e-mail address...  ("coming soon" in LATE August...)

As for the software, it has been successfully transfered to the FTP site at
ag.arizona.edu and as far as I know, everyone who has subscribed has been
able to get it.  Frankly, I'm satisfied right there.  Subscribers who are
having trouble or simply can't reach the site and send us a disk and we'll
install all of the necessary files and mail it back.  No problem.

I'd love to have some discussion with those of you who deal with FTP's and
other complicated systems all of the time to bring me up to speed.

Cheers,
Mark.

|  Carl Hayden Bee Research Center      |  Mark A. Templin--                 |
|  United States Dept. of Agriculture   | +--------------------------------+ |
|  Agriculture Research Service (ARS)   |  <gov address to come....>         |
|  2000 East Allen Road                 |  -- Currrent Mail: -------         |
|  Tucson, AZ 85719                     |  [log in to unmask]  |
|    Fax (602) 670-6493     FUN! =)     | Feliz cumpleanos a Titulo de Dueda |
|  La Dueda Testigo de la Historia:   Quinientos Anos de la Dueda en Espana! |