From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Aug 2018 17:08:31 -0700
> I don't understand why we can't look at the factors involved in procuring
quality queens without it devolving to personal.

There was nothing personal, nor any devolving.  I'm just trying to keep our
discussions from being misleading to all the lurkers.  You quoted:

" In commercial apiculture, rearing queens from transplanted worker larvae
is a standard commercial practice, and the age of the worker larvae used
can be anything up to and including 3 days old. In practice, there is a
preference to use older worker larvae for transplant as these are more
hardy and easier to handle and give a higher success rate."

To have someone as well-versed and experienced in commercial queen
production as you posting the above statement implies that you feel that it
is true.  I felt compelled to ask for supportive evidence that this is
actually the case in the U.S., since failing queens is a very hot topic
among beekeepers.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA