From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2017 09:14:16 -0500
Is there any science to support that a queen’s ovarioles continue to develop for two to three weeks after she gets mated and starts to lay, and that if the queen is caged just after she begins to lay the development of her ovarioles is affected in a negative way?

I have heard several arguments on this,  some say cage and ship quick  others say let here lay longer.    I would love to see work on this,  but how?  With such variability in queens already it would take a large group and a lot of number crunching.

You could use size as a metric,  like Dave Tarpys group is doing,  but personally I think that’s very deceptive as small queens can lay just as well as large ones.

I would love to see some work on that too....

Charles