From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 2010 23:52:41 -0800
>What is clear to me and many others is the obvious conclusion that the vast
majority of CCD afflicted colonies are managed by commercial beekeepers.

Well duh!  The vast majority of all colonies are managed by commercial
beekeepers!

> I would suggest the underlying issues that cause CCD are not that serious
unless you FEEDLOT your bees in CA or elsewhere.

Brian, many collapses occurred to bees wintered in potato sheds, rather than
in "feedlots."  Fed on natural pollen, then wintered under "ideal"
conditions.

I concur with the obvious fact that crowding of bees into huge staging areas
with poor nutrition sets them up for stress and pathogen transmission.
However, that still leaves one or more pathogens to identify as causative
agents.

Randy Oliver