Date:
Mon, 6 Oct 1997 13:11:22 -0500
From a bee's standpoint, where would be the best location for a bee farm?

I'm thinking Colorado.
The wide viraty of temperate zones, along with  the many wildflowers make
Colorado seem a good choice.  I lived in Alaska for fifteen years, and some of
the best honey I ever had came from bees which had to be imported every
year...not gonna be any Africanized bees up there unless they shop with Eddie
Baur.

Chemical question....I recently watched a program suggesting that the agressive
AHB homes on the co2 contained in human breath....a tube that ventelated the
breath away from the beekeeper seemed to keep the AHB from becomming agitated.

I am in the Dallas Ft. Worth area.  A friend and I are going to set up our
first hives in Northern Alabama come spring.  I am looking for information and
exposure to beekeeping.
I am also a Photographer....and will take pictures of your apiary in trade for
info/materials.
I'll be taking a photo trip to Ashville, NC....If you are in between  DFW and
Ashville drop me a note please...

.thanks

Jim Shepard