From:
Brian Fredericksen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Mar 2008 15:04:10 -0400
Since movements of bees are so frequent is this country my sense is that any pathogen variable of
CCD is likely widespread given the wide geographical range of CCD reports. So if a package or
shipped queen does not give you the variable your local migratory beekeeper could bring it home.

From what we know today my guess is the following is an equation for CCD

((stress)*(comb contamination))+(pathogens)= CCD

Our leading bee researchers like Petis and Musen and Spivak have been saying this in various ways
from the onset.

It might come down to individual practices that increase one or more the 3 variables. As we know
increased mite levels can allow the onset of a virus thats already at low levels. Nosema Ceranae could
obviously be substituted in place of a virus for the pathogen contribution.