From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Feb 2014 20:20:06 -0500
> James,  no point in argueing.
> I sent you a link than showed USDA data,
> with usuages...  You sent me a NY times OPININ page....

No, no point in arguing at all.

The USDA clearly states that all the growth in corn has been for "alcohol
for fuel use", not for human food or animal feed.  See this chart, updated
Dec 2013:

www.ers.usda.gov/ersDownloadHandler.ashx?file=/media/521847/cornuse.jpg
http://tinyurl.com/qxbafnn

So the two professors who wrote the NY Times op-ed piece were relying on
facts from the USDA.  You certainly are entitled to disagree with their
opinions, but I think you may have been looking at the wrong USDA dataset.

But seriously... enough corn already.  It reminds me of the morning I spent
what seemed like a solid week driving from Wright-Patt up to Ann Arbor.
Endless corn.  One expected the Emerald City to appear on the horizon at any
moment.  And the radio stations played BOTH kinds of music - Country AND
Western.   :)