From:
"Ted F. Wout" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Mar 1998 00:20:11 EST
I just found out that I may be moving to the Denver, CO area.  I've
tapered my apiary down to four hives through attrition and selling off a
few hives.  I'm considering moving my hives.  I have had varroa.  I'm
wondering if anyone on the list knows whether the Denver area already has
varroa.  If it does, I don't think that I'll have any trouble moving.  If
there isn't any varroa I'll leave my bees in Texas and start anew.

Any beekeepers on the list from Denver?  If so, how's the beekeeping up
there.  Are there any bee producers in the Denver area?

Anyone got tips for a hobbyist moving his hives.  I know that migratory
beekeepers do this all the time.  They have the equipment and experience
necessary.  Keep in mind I'll do this once and then stay put.  The less I
buy to move them, the better.

Ted Wout
Red Oak, TX, USA (about 20 miles south of Dallas)

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]