From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Dec 1994 11:50:15 EST
A while back I lost a filling and was not able to make it to the dentist
for about a week.  I used beeswax to make an acceptable temporary
filling.  It wasn't something that would stand up to a hefty pizza, but
it was adequate to fill the crater in my tooth until I received proper
dental care.  I suspect this is the most unusual use for beeswax: to
fill the holes in my head!

Concerning Ukranian eggs, there is a woman in my office who does this
art form.  The proper name is "Pysanky" from a Ukranian verb meaning to
write, draw or scribe.

Regarding irradiation as a treatment for AFB and EFB, there was an
article within the past two years in the American Bee Journal about
research  done to treat for AFB (I don't recall if EFB was part of the
research) with radiation from cobolt 60.  I don't recall the
issue, and am not sure of the methods used, but the results were that
the treatment was HIGHLY EFFECTIVE in killing off AFB spores.  The
hard part is finding a facility to treat one's equipment.

Aaron Morris - I think, therefore I bee!