From:
David Eyre <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 15 Apr 1998 10:04:06 -0500
I received the following, does anyone care to correspond with this
gentleman?

From:          "Vitaly I.Chashin" <[log in to unmask]>
To:            <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:       Introduction.
Date:          Sat, 11 Apr 1998 21:19:31 +0400

An amateur of beekeeping writes to you from Russia.
I am the beginning beekeeper - have bees only third year.
I am interested what methods the beekeeping in other countries apply,
what beehives they use, what tipe of bees they contain, etc. It seems,
that the dialogue with the beekeepers from other country will be
useful. A little about me. I am 46. My wife and I work as the
engineers in communication. We have three sons - 23, 18, and 8. We
live in central Russia (about 500 kms to the south of Moskow), in the
small village with about 4000 inhabitants. The steppes around as. The
woods are almost not present. All the soil is ploughed up and is
enganged in crops of various agricultural cultures. In the spring the
bees begin to fly for nectar in the beginning of May, and finish in
the beginning of September. The most active period of the tax is July.
Write a little about yours job with bees. Excuse for bad English -
translated my dullish computer.

With best ragards, Vitaly.      [log in to unmask]