From:
Sid Pullinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jun 1996 06:27:30 +0100
<<We're beginners at all this.  We installed our bees into their hive
successfully, but we are having a problem with the workers bridging between
the top bars and hanging a comb from it between the frames. >>>
When you introduce a super with all foundation  the gap between the sheets
is so wide the bees are tempted to draw out a comb between them. The remedy
is simple.   If you want good super combs always interleave the foundation
with drawn combs, five and five.  In this way the gap is narrowed and the
bees will behave.  This is even more important for good brood combs.  Never
introduce two sheets of foundation side by side, except, perhaps, in the
case of swarms.              Sid P.
Sid Pullinger                    Email :  [log in to unmask]
36, Grange Rd                Compuserve:  [log in to unmask]
Alresford
Hants SO24 9HF
England