From:
allen dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
allen dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 2007 15:22:51 -0700
> allen dick wrote:
> (1) Parthenogenic reproduction and reproduction by thelytoky are not the
> same. etc.

Actually, I did not write that part.  I relayed it.

>> And, also, many of us think that thelyoky is a useful property in bees,
>> and in no way threatening.

I wrote that part.

> For paragraph 2- is that in the US? if so, I am sincerely confused since
> it looks like both are in US bees...

AFAIK, the first is not observed in the US, the second is observed to some
extent in all honey bees.

> Thelytoky is the Cape Bee trait which we do not want in the US so why
> would it be a good thing?

We've been over all this in great detail, and it should still be in the
archives.
(The archive really should be mentioned in the BEE-L tagline, but is not).

> So what is in the Arizona bees, thelytoky  or parthenogenic reproduction
> or neither?

Maybe someone would care to take this on?  Again?

allen