From:
Bob Darrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 May 2010 16:09:25 -0400
Hi all

Just returned from Ireland yesterday.  Before I left on April 26 I
split 4 hives using walk away method.  These hives were in triple
brood boxes and would have been in the trees before I returned.  I
didn't worry about the swarming while away but am now worried about
the weather for the mating flight.  Today would have been the day and
it was cool(10C) with showers this afternoon.  I figured on 7 days
after emergence but didn't know what happens if a good flight day
occurs before or after that date.  There were plenty of drones in all
hives on April 24            ( March was a great month for bees)

Bob Darrell
Caledon Ontario
Canada
44N80W