From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jan 2012 09:34:12 -0800

> >Does anyone have anecdotal advice on what to
> do or how to avoid future outbreaks?  I am particularly interested in
> resistance or tolerance.

Sorry to hear Bill.  I am currently running a series in ABJ on nosema, and
have deeply researched management of the parasite.  For non chemical
control, comb sterilization or rotation may help, but the main successful
management strategy is to help the bees simply "outcompete" nosema by
keeping young, vigorous queens, and ensuring plenty of good protein
nutrition.  Plenty of old and new research to support, as well as numerous
recent anecdotal reports.

I am currently setting up incubator trials of a number of natural nosema
treatments, and would appreciate any donations toward the time involved.

Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA
www.ScientificBeekeeping.com