From:
Stefan Stangaciu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 07:55:42 +0200
>>Please advise -- What tricks have aging or physically deteriorating
>>beekeepers developed for lifting or carrying or moving or changing bee
>>hive parts?  Like designs for retirement bee hives?

        Hi there,

    Besides "technical" helps, I think all beekeepers in this situation
should take care, of course, of their own muscular and joints health.

    In this respect, the use of all bee products may be of great help.

    So, if no counter-indication is present, take daily or as often as
possible:

    Honey (the best personal fuel): 20-30 grams a day in liquids.

    Bee Pollen (the best protein and amino acids source for our
muscles): 20-30 grams a day.

    Royal Jelly (the best helper for our kidneys and adrenals):  500 -
1,000 mg a day.

    Propolis (the best stimulator of the breathing processes at cellular
level): 2-5 grams a day (raw) + 10-20 drops of tincture 20-30%, on a
piece of bread or better, on a half teaspoon of honey, between meals.

    Bee Venom:  bee stings, especially on the lower back, on the kidneys
areas and on any other sensible to pressure points on the back and knees
areas. According to the Traditional Chinese Medicine, the best points
(buy a good book on acupuncture) are:

        Urinary bladder 52 (Zhishin)
        Urinary bladder 23 (Shenshu)
        Governing vessel 4 (Mingmen)
        Gall bladder 34 (Yanglingchuan)
        Stomach 36 (Zusanli).

    Using for a while the above method, you may need not anymore
"technical" help, at least for another couple of years...

        :-))

        Best wishes,

        Stefan Stangaciu