From:
Dusty Rhodes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 May 1997 15:14:02 -0500
I am certainly not an authority on bees, however, as dark as the inside of
a closed hive would be, I can not imagine that color would make any
difference to the bees what so ever. However, I was wrong once last year,
so could bee in error.
Dusty

>>>I agree. However, past the first generation the cells will darken from
>left
>over cocoons thereby making egg detection a little easier.
>
>Perhaps Mann-Lake could make the plastic a darker color. Do you think the
>bees would care if if the plastic foundation is white or black background?
  The black plastic makes it easier to see the eggs
>and remove them.  I'm not sure if the bees care about the color.

Angel's Old Town HomeBrew
http://www.netropolis.net/dusty/homebrew.htm
Beauty is in the hands of the beerholder!