Date:
Sun, 6 May 2012 00:54:56 -0400
Peter

Soon as I saw the Ribbands citations, it all came back.  Haven't  thought
about this for years.  I've got a copy of his book - poor guy did  some
really good work, but was largely ignored because of Von Frisch.

Thanks for digging out the citations. As I said, I've a really poor library
 for the older bee work that hasn't been digitized, and almost as poor
indexing  of what of the old bee literature has been digitized.

I had a really hectic week, ending with delivery and hiving 200 packages of
 bees btw Western Bee in Polson and the local beekeepers and our own
research  bees needs in Missoula.  Nothing like getting up early, driving to
Polson,  picking up a load of packages, and coming back to a crowd of people each
getting  1-2 packages, and anxious to go home and hive their bees.  We had
good  weather, an excited group of beekeepers (including a lot of newbies),
and our  local newspaper, plus 75 of our own colonies to hive.

Long day, but went smoothly.  Had some really excited kids at the  event.

Jerry