From:
Chris Slade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Sep 2007 16:02:18 EDT

[log in to unmask] writes:

For  pollen I think the logical thing would be to collect dropped
nuggets of  pollen and examine them under a microscope.  Each family of
plants  should have a recognizable shape and size of pollen grain.  A  guide
with photos of various pollens would be helpful.

There are various guides to pollen identification ranging from Dorothy
Hodges' "The Pollen Loads of the Honeybee" through Rex Sawyer's "Pollen
Identification for Beekeepers" and " Honey Identification", which come with  punch card
keys; to the CD ROM on pollen identification which is largely based  on
Sawyer's pollen reference collection and which is available from the 'Bees  for
Development' charity.  I think you might find the latter the most  useful. Google
Bees for Development.

Chris