From:
Lloyd Spear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Nov 2005 16:31:48 -0500
Both Cornell and Penn State have active research projects involving
Bumblebees. In fact, a person from Cornell was on the agenda to speak at our
NYS (ESHPA) winter meeting in 2004. I didn't attend, but maybe Aaron can
tell us if she showed up, her name, and perhaps something of her
presentation.
 What the British call 'Bumblebees', we call just plain solitary bees. In
fact, our Mason Bee looks a lot like the British Bumblebees. We pretty much
reserve the term bumblebee for the yellow/black striped bee that looks as if
it covered with hair. From what little I know, I think the Brits are more
correct than ourselves.
 Lloyd

--
Lloyd Spear