From:
David Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jun 1998 10:52:47 EDT
In a message dated 6/12/98 9:28:53 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Concerning the Hornfaced Bees, I wonder why it is allowed to import/
 study/release the Hornfaced bees in light of the STRINGENT controls
 there are on importation of genetic apis material (eggs and sperm, let
 alone the actually bees)?  Is this not a double standard (rhetorical
 question) but I would like to know the reasons for this double standard.
 Anyone know? >>

   They've been going through all the STRINGENT controls now for quite a few
years, Aaron. There's no double standard. As you know, honeybees have also
been imported in recent years (under STRINGENT controls - at least we hope
so).

[log in to unmask]     Dave Green  Hemingway, SC  USA
The Pollination Scene:  http://users.aol.com/pollinator/polpage1.html

Jan's Sweetness and Light Shop    (Varietal Honeys and Beeswax Candles)
http://users.aol.com/SweetnessL/sweetlit.htm