From:
Larry Krengel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 20:21:20 -0500
Aaron Morris wrote:

> I don't have packages here in front of me  hence cannot check my arithmetic,
> but figuring out the correct proportions of medication and powdered surgar
> is pretty straight forward.

Just to share our calculations with all... (completed by a pair of aged science
teacher/beekeepers) -

The new TM 343 contaings 102.4 grams of TM or 102,400 milligrams.  According to
package directions, each treatment should be 200 mg.  102,400 / 200 = 512
treatments.

To make it simpler for those who do not have a gram scale handy, we measured by
volume instead of weight. The package contains 51 level teaspoons.  102,400 / 51
= 2007.8 mg/teaspoon. (about 2000 mg/teaspoon) In other words ten 200mg
treatments.  Making it easy we just mixed one level teaspoon with 10 heaping
tablespoons of powered sugar making each heaping tablespoon per hive per
treatment.

I'm sure there are other solutions.  We were hoping for simplicity.  Comments
are welcome.

Larry Krengel   -   I bee, therefore I think.