From:
Bob & Liz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2001 09:39:09 -0500
Hello All,
 Wet springs *normally* make for excellent honey years *unless* the rain
 lasts all summer like 1993 the year of the *100 year flood*  in the
midwest.

I thought I should add that in 1993 we had a dry April and then the rain
started.  In 1993 we got 5-6 plus inches at a time for days in a row.  2001
is similar in my opinion to 1995 when we had a wet April and did get bottom
land flooding but had record honey crops. The summer dried out somewhat.
Many beekeepers have got hives on bottom land which was under water in both
93 and 95. They make the best crops. Will we ever learn? The problem is not
finding the time to move the bees but being able to get in to extract the
bees in the mud.  If a levee breaks all hives are lost regardless.
Bob