From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2018 06:16:57 -0700
There was recently a thread on sick brood with PMS-like signs, but in
colonies with low varroa counts.  I saw one yesterday.  The diseased larvae
and pupae do not exhibit signs of EFB, AFB, sacbrood, or chalkbrood, but
looked very similar to those in a colony with Parasitic Mite Syndrome--thus
I suspected a virus.

I asked one of my sons, and he said that he'd seen some other cases this
season, and that they cleared up with oxytet (similar to the report from
Dick).  That does not support the virus hypothesis.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA