Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 1997 11:51:56 GMT
David,

Thankyou for your excellent, comprehensive and constructive reply.
This is the sort of non-inhibitive informative material that I like to
see on Bee-l.

Your comments reflect what I have heard of others experiences, in some
cases the bees refuse to draw comb, then again others swear by the kit
methods.  I suspect that the new kit *Larval Transfer System* from NZ
will most likely suffer the same side effects and difficulties as it
follows the same basics as Jenter and Cup kit.

For me Grafting is no problem, 60-70 per cent for 20+ years, but new (
and ;-) ) keepers see these kits and wonder, like I was, should we try
them.

Joe,
Thanks also for your comments supporting what David has said.  Its
good to get everyone's experiences together.     I also practice I.I.
and am familiar with the courses that Sue offers.  Yes, I'd love to go
but one small problem, distance and money!   If Sue  or her colleagues
are reading this she is welcome to drop into the emerald isle of
Ireland any time for a natter over a pint.

Regards
 Philip Earle