From:
Bill Bartlett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 16:27:57 -0500
And on we go with the FGMO!  I understand all the comments about what if
this and what if that.
I have tried most of the new things to get rid of or at least control the
mites.  They have not been successful with me.  I looked at my hives
yesterday.  It was 56 degrees (F).  I opened the first hive and tried to
look for brood.  It was overcast and the bees did not want me in there.
After several stings to the hands I put the hive back together without
seeing the brood.  I could have used more smoke, but I did not want to
disturb the bees too much, since it was going to get cold again.  But what
I did see was something that I have not seen for 5 or 6 years.  There were
more bees in that hive then I have seen in years.  And yes I did use FGMO.

A lot of people clamoring about something is not going to make it true or
safe.  But one thing is very, very clear to me!  This internet and in
particular this site is going to determine if FGMO succeeds.  Not the
scientists, not the colleges, not the researchers, not the FDA, not the
EPA, not the chemical companies or even Dr. Rodriquez.  Was I gritting my
teeth as I write this?  YES!!!
We have a tool here that allows hundreds of us to get together and exchange
ideas.  We would still be years away from finding out about FGMO whether it
works or not without the internet.
When enough people try this and post here we will find out.

I LOVE THIS THING!!!!

And this works for more things than just beekeeping!

59 degrees today and more bees flying then I have seen in years!  In the
past several years I had dead colonies by this time of year.

billy bee