From:
Keith Benson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Aug 2007 08:55:39 -0400
maryam henein wrote:
> I find it strange that there are beekeepers out there defending these products.

I find it amazing that you would think that what has been written is a defense of these products.

> I am not saying this is the singular cause of CCD. As a reporter, I am simply relating theories out there as 'wildy' different as they may be.

Certain authors word choice, and the way they have posed questions suggests that they are not merely relating theories, but rather that they are already convinced that pesticides play a proximate role in CCD and will try to prove that assertion until the cows come home, data be damned.

>  We don't know what is causing CCD. And it's not necessarily one singular thing.

No one said it was.  I believe some folks have merely stated that you do not have the data to back up any assertions.  That is all.  Don't read more into it than that.  If you have the data, trot it out.

> In general, it seems that some parties are determined to find a cause for CCD stemming from Mother Nature such as a virus or fungus, instead of thinking that the root cause lies in something man-made or because of our programmed practices....

Actually, it would seem that some are determined to lay blame at the feet of pesticides, despite the fact that they haven't got any facts to back up such an assertion.  Theories yes, but facts?  Not yet.  If blame belongs at the feet of the pesticides, well and good, but to say so as a fact, as some have basically done, is daffy at this stage of the game.  Someone appears to have an agenda here.

Keith