From:
Marc Patry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 May 1995 14:48:15 -0400
The question remains - how good is 3-benzoxyphenaldehyde for you?  And
would you feed it to YOUR kids if you knew there was even a trace of it
in the honey you bought?  Probably inconsequential, given all the other
stuff we ingest in every day meals, but what counts is public perception,
not scientific evidence.  So far, I have been lucky, keeping my hives in
a remote spot in the hills, no mites, I don't ever treat my bees.  For
how long?

Question then - can healthy honey bees catch typical bee diseases if they
are not in contact with other honey bees?

Marc Patry
Near Ottawa, Ontario, where apple trees have finally blossomed!