From:
scott wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 2017 20:36:34 -0400
Here is central Vermont we are seeing what appears to be an increase in
drone egg laying heading into the fall.

The laying patterns are in worker cells in the center of the frames
working concentrically outward.

However, the queens are also laying fertilized eggs in adjacent frames
and or in the same frames and the concentrated drone patterns.

The cells sizes are at 5.1mm within which the unfertilized eggs have
been laid.

My initial thought was that the cells were larger and as such the queen
lays an unfertilized egg but that is not the case.

There do not appear to be any laying workers.

This has been reported by about a half dozen beekeepers of various skill
levels.

Any thoughts or feedback is appreciated as well as any historical
reference material or research studies on this subject.

Scott

---
http://www.avg.com