From:
"MORGAN, ANTHONY" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Aug 1995 15:20:47 GMT+0100
Hei!
Message below seen in newsgroup rec.backcountry. Could they really have
been honeybees? I've seen bumblebees out foraging both in terrible
weather and up high (8000 feet anyway) but never honeybees.

Observation of honeybees must be dependent
upon both temperature and distance to the nearest hives, but do they
have a height limit in addition? Any one have any ideas?

>From: Bob Webster <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Bees in Backcountry
>Date: 20 Aug 1995 02:45:27 GMT

>I've seen honeybees above 13,000 feet on flowers. Where do they live? How
>far do they climb to get nectar? I asked one, but no answer. Does anybody
>know?

Anthony N. Morgan (Tony)                 Fax: +47 73 89 62 86
"Stavshagen"                          E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Midtsandan                               Sor-Trondelag College
7563 MALVIK                              Elec. Eng. Department
Norway                                   7005 TRONDHEIM, Norway