From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jul 2007 23:01:47 -0400
Kathy Kellison <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Are you working on a project to collect data on feral populations of
honey bees in the U.S.?

Come to think of it,  I did have a survey I wanted to do that was
abandoned because I doubt I would be able to get the participation
needed.  I have a better survey 'lost somewhere', but here is one of the
rough drafts I found that I was working on:

http://www.stellarsurvey.com/response/s.aspx?u=8640

This is just part one of the survey.

Part one, I would assume might reveal that ferals are recovering the
fastest in human populated areas, because there would be more eyes to spot
them there.

The valuable information would come from Part two, which surveys colony
performance from colony initiation on thru 18 weeks of growth stage.  Part
two would likely reveal where the best performing ferals are to be found.
And where they are performing best, would likely be where good varroa
resistance is also.

Best Wishes,

Joe Waggle ~ Derry, PA ‘Bees Gone Wild Apiaries'
FeralBeeProject.com
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/HoneybeeArticles