From:
Leland Hubbell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 22:02:34 -0400
Peter Borst wrote:

>  I always prefer apiaries that are in the full sun.

> The bees in shady apiaries always seem edgy and prone to stinging.

This has been my experience also in central Ohio. I've had
apiaries in all kinds of locations, including where some hives
were in the open and others under shade in the same location. The
ones in the sun were usually "kinder and gentler" and produced
better. So I quit trying to provide shade in this area.

Leland Hubbell