From:
dan hendricks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 14:27:32 -0700
Hi, BEE-L'ers.  The WA State U., and probably yours, publishes an insect management handbook, which lists the dermal and oral toxcicity of about 300 agricultural pesticides, including fluvalinate (Apistan).  The dermal toxcicity is not only the lowest listed but is only half as toxic as the next least.  There are pesticides which require careful attention to gloves but Apistan is not one of them.  I am hugely annoyed that the package label requires gloves because excessive cautions degrade the whole system of label cautions.

The oral toxcicity is also quantified.  If a representative sample, say a thousand, 176 pound mamals drank 20,880 mgs of fluvalinate, half would survive.   I can't see any reason to ignore data when they are available.   Dan