From:
Ted Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Sep 1996 12:29:54 -0400
  REGARDING           RE>Flavor of extracted honey

Jim Satterfield wrote:
"My beekeeping friend, P.N., says that if he tastes some of the honey on
an uncapped comb then compares it with the taste of the honey as it comes
out of the extractor, the taste is different.  Some of his friends say,
"Nope, there is no difference."

There most certainly is a difference.  I produce extracted honey exclusively,
but I always look forward to chewing on pieces of burr comb so prevalent in
the supers, as do my wife, children and friends.  Everyone says that the
flavor has no equal.  I think a lot of this flavor is contained in the
volatile components that waft up and are lost forever.

Ted Fischer