From:
james kilty <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2006 20:42:29 +0000
On Thu, 2006-12-21 at 11:23 -0600, VEPEX, Lambert van der Veen wrote:

> Somebody mentioned to me that honey has an expiring date of 3 years and
> he was very serious about it. I may be mistaken but does honey have an
> expiring data at all?

We are obliged to put a "best before" date (EU). Then it is a matter of
judgement. Are we likely to get a complaint if the lid is left off and
it ferments or goes cloudy or sets if it starts as clear? My preference
is to set a couple of years for clear and 3 for set. I also add to the
label after the best before date, a suggestion that the lid is replaced
tightly after use and if it goes cloudy to warm it overnight.