From:
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 13:42:32 -0400
Greetings
I regard this topic as extremely serious and not one where one can afford to
be very wrong. We are selling food and the public wants to know if it's
safe. I heard some actually say "Honey? I heard that's full of chemicals"

If someone asks you if your honey has chemicals, what can you say? I would
say "There may be traces of some pesticides. Certainly far less than the
legal limit and far less than some other food products. Most agricultural
products are sprayed directly, whereas we do not apply chemicals to hives
during the honey gathering period."

What is ironic is that many people seem confident in scientists when they
talk about parts per million (I mean, how can they *detect* these amounts?)
but they think they are being lied to when the same scientists say that .1
part per million or less is safe.

You should be thanking them for such stringent rules, and insisting the laws
be enforced. Many other countries are much more lax and their populace is
routinely poisoned by food and drugs due to lack of regulation.

pb