From:
Bob & Liz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2001 09:00:32 -0500
Hello all,
BeeCrofters gives excellent tips. Recycled wood is used by many beekeepers
including myself. Cabinet shops are a excellent source.
BeeCrofters wrote:
    All ina ll a good flow but a late start in the Northeast USA but a
drought
 if this weekends rain doesn't materialize.

 Florida is in drought and we are in mud in the midwest.  I looked at my
friends beekeeping truck yesterday with a motor problem from being stuck in
mud.  Mud hanging on trucks and on floorboards. We have been getting stuck
with 4X4's all spring.  I had to 4 wheel drive into all yards yesterday and
we got another 1 1/2 inch of rain last night. A week of dry weather is
predicted so maybe things will dry out. Many years the 4X4 is not needed but
when you are going through the wetist spring in 100 years they are our only
option.
Wet springs *normally* make for excellent honey years *unless* the rain
lasts all summer like 1993 the year of the *100 year flood*  in the midwest.
We are ready now for the rain to stop and move on into Florida and the
northeast to end their drought conditions!
Happy Beekeeping.
Bob