From:
Marian Pintilie <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 9 Apr 1998 18:02:50 +0300
Hi Elroy
> If I am correct I think there are
> beekeepers on the list from Russia that know what censorship can be like,
> hopefully they can weigh in on this.

I am glad you said it
I live not in Russia , but near enough.
If you ask my oppinion I can say that deleting  messages like
"signoff" , "search Bee-l" or "me too" is not censorship, but cleaning.
I am not quite sure about personal messages. I think that if are bee
related should be let to pass. The same should pass flames.
A little relaxation is not bad.
But excesive quote and long binaries should returned to sender with
a manual of netiqette attached. After few returns the one who made the
mistake will learn. I have a connection faster than many of you
westerners, (even for me is very expensive) , but even so I am not happy
to waste minutes online because somebodyelse made a mistake, or do not
care.

> Finally my feeling on this is strong enough that I would rather be unsubscribed
> than censored.
>
> Elroy

For the real censorship you are right. But do not forget that censorship
can have a lot of names. Only few of us do not censor ourselves. When we
do not use the same words in public as in private, is named education.
The censorhip I expect from Aaron is named cleaning.

Costel