From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Mar 2013 13:40:13 -0400
> There is a vast difference between being knocked unconscious by 2 min of no oxygen and a continuous dose that's not yet measurable in parts per thousand.

Of course, but I already documented effects of sub-lethal doses. Plus, we need to look at the effect of sub-lethal CO2 over several years to conclude that atmospheric CO2 is not causing memory loss and precocious foraging in insect pollinators. Furthermore, there may be synergestic effects, as suggested by:

> Even insects species that will not be directly affected by elevated CO2 may be affected by changes in other insect species. Such changes will be substantial for predators and parasites, and addressing this issue in long-term, multi-trophic research is necessary. For conservation purposes, research should focus on endangered species and then on species that may become threatened as CO2 levels increase.

Coviella, C. E., & Trumble, J. T. (1999). Effects of Elevated Atmospheric Carbon Dioxide on Insect‐Plant Interactions. Conservation Biology, 13(4), 700-712.