From:
Michael Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Nov 2008 09:15:08 -0500
>  I have howevre definitely noticed a tendency to not build new queen cells if
>one is already present.

I wish I could say this. I have too many virgins rejected in my
mating nucs. I give the cell the next day. I know it hatched. The
bees destroy my virgin, and raise their own. It seems strength of the
nuc...too strong leads to higher rejection of my cells, or the use of
cell protectors...same here...has something to do with it.

Sometimes I have a significant reduction in the mated queens I can
catch from any batch.
Mike