From:
don coats <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2018 12:21:51 -0500
There appears to be a growing voice regarding the Honey Bee as an invasive.

Though heavily invested beekeeping, I readily respect the analysis of the
article.

Readers who are conservation minded might be interested in an engaging
alternative to beekeeping.  Creating pollinator gardens and pocket meadows
to replace sterile lawn space can genuinely improve our environment. And it
seems to be a growing initiative. Monitoring the variety of bee types and
other pollinators and collecting the data adds an engaging citizen science
element.  We do this as a gardening club activity to add the social
component.

I'd be pleased to share resources with those who might be interested.

DC