From:
Glenn woemmel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 May 2018 14:39:18 -0400
PLB
This is not where I saw it first and is only an artical and may contain falsehoods.
https://parentingpatch.com/improved-public-sanitation-created-polio-epidemic/

Your post made me think to where I had got that ideal.  I do not remeber the exact documentory that I seen it on but it was on pbs I believe.  It claimed that babies were exposed early due to poor sanitation and that the mothers milk helped with the immunity and babies got very few symtoms and were imune for life after being exposed.  The immunation was created out of small dead germs to make the immune system immulate what had happened to the babies.

Though polio was mentioned in antcient times the american outbreak was mostly from 1914 with about 9000 getting it by 1945 and peaking at 57,000 in one year in the 50s.

Now why do I write (true, not true?)?  I write it cause it is just like the artical link I posted on uncapping and re-capping brood cells, I did not take the interest to repeat the study and so have to try and put a value on work of other people.  So I pretty much have to put the disclaimer of (true, not true) on almost everything I write except what I had for breakfast, which I know cause I was the one who made it.  On the rest, I do my best to try and decide merit to give someone elses work.

I know the case is being made that the epidimic had to do with better sewage and less early exposure by those who take more interest then me in the subject.  To put the question to it is in the fassion of full disclosure that I was not the one who did the study.  I do say untill something more convincing is shown that the case that I pointed out has some merrit to at least think might have credence that can be relied on and a small part of a very big picture.

To your question
>Look, if you know it might not be true, why repeat it? Why not take the time to look into the issue and find out? As someone who had polio during the 1955 epidemic, it really rankles me when people say dumb stuff about polio. The whole statement is ridiculous.<

What I wrote above is why I do not think it was ridiculous to post.  I do know I am relying on others work in doing so and was clear on that with my (true, not true?)

Said in good will and not to say I know more then someone who had a close relationship with a very bad thing.
Cheers
gww