From:
Kristina Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 2017 08:18:42 -0600
   There are test kits made by Veto Pharma, one for AFB, one for EFB.  They
work like a home pregnancy test (so, ladies, don't leave them lying around
where your BF might find it).  They run about $20-25.  Mann-Lake carries
them and so does our local bee supply place.  They have a fairly short
shelf life.
   Our vet will be using them to do field diagnoses before prescribing
antibiotics.  I don't know yet whether she'll accept a test done by
beekeepers or even the USDA.   She's leaning toward not prescribing for AFB
but recommending burning instead.  All this still needs to be worked out,
but the more beekeeper input the better.  And the sooner the better.
Cheers,
Kristina Williams
Boulder CO, USA