From:
Larry Krengel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Jun 2010 23:09:46 -0400
Our local association has a beeyard where members keep colonies.  At the moment we have 22 colonies kept by eight different beekeepers in a fenced yard about 20 by 30 feet.  It is cozy.  Although I am the senior member, I don't actively manage all the colonies.

The problem is that one of the colonies has developed a very defensive attitude.  They come out to meet us, buzz us excessively the entire time we are there and follow us as we leave.  I would like to find and requeen this colony, but in this close quarters it has proved difficult.

I am looking for a means of IDing the offending group.  I need a creative solution.  Any help?

Larry Krengel
Marengo, IL